Hot weather can be uncomfortable without an efficient air conditioning unit. Unfortunately, the summer months can also cause major issues with the air conditioning equipment. To ensure that your AC unit is in optimal condition and functioning properly, there are a few simple tips that you can follow to stay cool and comfortable.
1. Regularly Change Your AC Filter – To keep your AC running smoothly, it’s important to regularly change the air filter. This will help to reduce the buildup of dust and debris that can block air flow and cause your AC unit to overheat. As a general rule of thumb, it’s best to replace your air filter every three months.
2. Have Your HVAC System Inspected – It’s important to have your HVAC system inspected by a qualified technician at least once a year. During the inspection, the technician will be able to identify any potential issues that could be affecting your AC unit’s performance. Additionally, they can offer advice on how to maintain your unit and maximize its efficiency.
3. Schedule Routine Maintenance – Routine maintenance is an important part of keeping your AC unit running efficiently. This includes regular system checkups and cleaning, as well as checking for any loose connections or wires. Regular maintenance not only helps to maintain the performance of your AC unit but can also help to extend its lifespan.
4. Clean the Outdoor Unit – If you have an outdoor AC unit, it’s important to keep it clean. Leaves, debris, and mold can all clog the coils and prevent air from flowing through the unit. To avoid this issue, make sure to regularly clean the outdoor unit and remove any debris that has collected.
5. Keep Your Home Cool – If you are running your air conditioner for long periods of time, it’s important to keep your home at a cooler temperature. This will help reduce the strain on your AC unit and keep it running efficiently. Additionally, make sure to use ceiling fans to help circulate the air and reduce the need for your AC to run constantly.
Following these simple tips can help you maintain your AC unit during the hot summer months and avoid any major AC issues. However, if you do experience any issues with your AC unit, it’s important to contact a qualified technician for assistance. Turner & Schoel Inc. specializes in all types of AC services, including AC repair, AC installation, and 24-hour AC repair in Northport AL, Cottondale AL, and Tuscaloosa AL. Visit Turner & Schoel Inc. to learn more.